About This Blog

LaezE Reviews is done by a self described sorry SoB, who's just trying to have a good time. I'm personally up for trying anything once, and have a habit of getting ahead of myself.
If you have any suggestions on something you think I should take a look at, shoot me an email and if I think it's interesting enough, I garuntee it'll end up on the site!

Pokemon Heartgold and Soulsilver

To many of us, Pokemon Gold and Silver defined out childhoods.  We all claimed to be pokemon masters, as we strove to catch 'em all.  We shoved our Skarmorys at our friends Tyranitars, to see who was better.  And then we kind of moved on.
Nintendo has been remaking all of the classic Pokemon games, so I can understand some people being worried about these new changes.  After all, these are our childhoods they're messing with here!
Well let me just say that we have nothing to fear.  Heartgold and Soulsilver are worthing of the hours of our lives we lost to them in our youths.  
With updated graphics, we can finally see all o four old favorites such as Charmander, Totodile, Miltank, and Onix on the DS.  To be honest, I actually like the remakes MORE then I liked the originals.
With more challenges, pokemon, the ability to reface teh gym leaders with stronger pokemon, and additions to the story, these games will not disappoint.
Boasting the largest safari zone in any pokemon game, EVER, as well as the legendary pokemon trainer RED,   you'll feel ten years old again as you run through Johto and Kanto.

That being said, there are some things that personally I don't like about the game.  After playing White, and getting use to the menu system for it, the menu system for Heartgold and Soulsilver just seems... way less nice.  And the ability to be able to look at a map with out getting the same call from your mother over and over again saying how she spent your money yet AGAIN (mental note, never let women touch my money).
But over all, despite some bumps that like to show up every now and then, I'd recommend this to anyone that ever like the pokemon games, or to people that want to see what all the fuss is about.

13 comments:

  1. yay, pokemon just beat em all! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent review, I played silver and always find myself getting addicted to them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. After playing pokemon since pokemon gold. I grew tired of it! but I eventually comeback now and then. The last game I think tha I have spent time was is ruby and sapphire. Gotta live my gameboy advanced sd that time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been playing Pokemon Gold and Silver for some time know and I have been wanting to making the switch to Heartgold for awhile but never thought it would be just the same as the original. I am glad to hear that it the same storyline as Gold Version, but with updated graphics and new features. Now I think I will actually go out and buy it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I still have my green gameboy colour with pokemon red, yellow and gold

    Oh, the good old childhood...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Defined our childhood? I still play it!! lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't get into pokemon anymore. I don't think I grew out of it, its just the lack of proggress made in the franchise.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good to know pokemon hasn't lost its touch... but damn there are like 3489273 different pokemon now.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't think I could play the remakes, it wouldn't have the same effect

    ReplyDelete
  10. Silver was my absolute favorite version and I'm happy to see the experience is intact for the remake. Can't wait to play!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You know what pisses me off? Child who drop out of school and pursue their career as a trainer. NOT EVERYONE can be a Ash Catchem. He's like the Eminem in the rap business, only he doesn't beat up his girl (which may not be for long). All in all, heartgold was pretty sweet. ;D

    ReplyDelete